How do I dispose of old paint?
- Follow the disposal instructions on the original container.
- For latex paint, expose the paint to air in a place that is out of reach of children. If it doesn’t dry completely, use kitty litter to absorb the rest of the paint. Then dispose of it in the garbage. Do not throw oil or alkyd paints in the garbage.
- Do not burn paint or chemicals.
- Do not pour paint or chemicals down your sink.
- Do not pour paint or chemicals down sewer or runoff grates along the street.
- Do not bury paint or chemicals in any container.
Check your state and local codes before starting any project. Follow all safety precautions. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and safety of this information. Neither Westlake nor any contributor can be held responsible for damages or injuries resulting from the use of the information in this document.