Smoked Queso Dip by Meat Church
Meat Church’s Matt Pittman credits this huge gameday hit recipe to his friend Doug Sheiding. Few things have set the world of smoking and BBQ on fire recently as much as this, and it’s easy to see why. It’s cheap to make, it’s easy to make and it tastes amazing! Before you begin with gathering the ingredients, remember what Matt said about this. You can sub nearly any ingredient in this recipe and it’ll still come out tasting great. Not big on breakfast sausages? Break out the ground beef or chorizo. Feel like cutting back the sodium a little bit? Replace the canned Rotel tomatoes with fresh pico. The possibilities are near endless and it’s always easy on your budget to simply take another try at it.
Ingredient List for Smoked Queso Meat Church Style
- 1 (2 lb) large block of Velveeta cheese (Generic brands NOT recommended)
- 16 ounces of smoked gouda cheese (Cut slices will melt faster)
- 2 tubes of HOT breakfast sausage (Any ground meats will work. Matt loves venison & chorizo)
- 2 cans of Rotel tomatoes and chilis (Don’t drain the cans)
- 1 can of Cream of Jalapeño soup (The original calls for Cream of Mushroom. You may also use Cream of Chicken)
- 1/2 C chopped cilantro
- 2 T Meat Church Holy Voodoo seasoning (Sub your favorite brand of BBQ rub if you wish)
List of Kitchen Items
Medium cast iron skillet or 14″ dutch oven
Prepare your smoker at a temperature of 350 degrees. Meat Church recommends a heavy smoke wood such as oak, mesquite or hickory for this cook since it won’t be in the smoker long.
Jump over to the Meat Church recipe section to find out the rest of the cooking instructions, and of course, don’t forget to shop the entire line of their award-winning Meat Church BBQ rubs and sauces, available at every Westlake Ace Hardware near you!
If you would rather watch Matt do a step-by-step recipe video, it’s right here at the Meat Church YouTube channel!