Barbecue Chicken Quesadilla Recipe on a Traeger
When it comes to taste, there isn’t much better out there than wood-fired chicken with a bit of Mexican spice to it. You can add nearly any vegetable to it and it still comes out great. Savory or spicy, smoking chicken on your pellet grill during a summer holiday is an easy and rewarding experience for both you and your guests.
This price-conscious recipe can feed up to 6 people and can be prepped and cooked in about an hour, so there will be plenty of time to catch up with your friends and family, during and after cooking. This recipe was perfected by our friends at Traeger pellet grills, but as always, substitute the veggies and sides with ones you prefer for the best experience.
Traeger says this barbecue chicken quesadilla recipe tastes best using mesquite woods.
Barbecue Chicken Quesadillas Ingredients
- 4 to 5 (5 oz) Chicken breasts
- 3/4 of a 1 oz Taco or Mexican seasoning packet
- 4.5 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 Cup Preferred BBQ sauce
- 4.5 Cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 to 2 Large sliced bell peppers
- Black olives, optional
- Fresh cilantro, optional
- Jalapeños, sliced, optional
- Fresh diced tomatoes, optional
- Green onions, chopped, optional
- Sweet corn, optional
- Flour tortillas
- Guacamole, Sour cream & Pico as dipping sides
Cooking Accessories List
Prepare your smoker with Mesquite pellets or wood chunks, setting the target temperature to 375F while you prepare your chicken breasts.
For the rest of the cooking directions, jump over to Traeger Smokers’ site and maybe have a look at a few more!