Spring Cleaning Tips
If the beautiful spring weather has you thinking about opening up their windows and doing some spring-cleaning, Westlake Ace Hardware has some tips that will surely get your house in tip, top shape.
- Ready the grill. Get your grill cleaned and ready for delicious summertime cookouts. Remove the grates and let them soak in warm soapy water before scrubbing with a brush. Scrape any charred drippings from the interior of the grill and burners. Clean the exterior of the grill with a mixture of dish soap and warm water. If you have a stainless steel grill, use a stainless steel cleaner to bring back the shine.
- Polish up those floors. Floors take a beating over the winter months so use this time to give them a good polish or your carpets a deep clean. You can rejuvenate hardwood floors’ shine with a thorough cleaning followed-up with a polish applied with a sponge mop.
- Clean the windows. With the dry winter and the high pollen counts of spring, windows are bound to need a good cleaning. Use a high quality glass cleaner to remove winter’s grime and if you’re ambitious, consider removing the screens and hosing those down too. If your drapes are looking drab, fluff them in the dryer with a damp towel for 15 minutes to remove any dust.
- Deodorize and clean trashcans. Now that it’s warm enough to hook up the hoses, give your trashcans a good cleaning with soapy water followed up with a deodorizing spray.
- Polish light fixtures and fans. Grab a stepladder, some all-purpose cleaner and a sponge or a lint-free cloth and give new light to your room. Clean ceiling fans with an extended duster and dusting spray.