Thai Pork Skewers & Peanut Chile Sauce
Our recipe for Thai Pork Skewers with Peanut Chile Sauce was given to us by our good friend Andy Groneman of Smoke On Wheels BBQ
Pork Skewer Ingredients
• 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder
• 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
• Smoke on Wheels Pork Marinade
• 1 tsp Sambal Oelek
• 2 tablespoons peanut oil
• Ground white pepper
• 1⁄3 cup coconut milk
- Chill pork until firm to ease slicing.
- Slice the partially frozen pork into pieces about 1⁄8-inch thick; cut them into strips 1-to 11⁄4-inches wide
- Stir together the garlic, marinade, oil, and 1⁄2 tsp white pepper.
- Add the pork to the marinade and mix with your hands until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Thread the pork onto 8”skewers, evenly dividing the meat among 12 skewers; make sure to pack it tightly.
- Heat a grill to 350-400º, leaving an indirect zone if possible.
- Place the skewers on the direct side of the grill and cook until lightly charred, about 3 minutes. Turn skewers, then brush with some of the coconut milk. Cook until the second sides are lightly charred, about another 3 minutes.
- Flip the skewers again and continue to cook, occasionally brushing with coconut milk and turning every 2-3 minutes, until nicely charred on both sides.
- Serve with the dipping sauce and enjoy!
How to Make Peanut Chile Sauce
Assemble these ingredients
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts, unsalted 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Tamari (soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon Bragg’s Aminos
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ﬁsh sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ cup coconut milk
Pulse the peanuts briefly in a food processor just until finely ground.
Add the garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, cayenne and coconut milk, and process until well puréed.
Transfer to a bowl, then taste and adjust seasoning.
Thin a bit with lime juice or water as desired.