from Smoke On Wheels Pitmaster Andy Groneman
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Salt and Pepper
- Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade
- Favorite Italian Seasoning
For the Smoked Garlic Pesto
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cloves smoked garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups (about 2 oz before picking leaves) packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup of oil from the SOW Marinade
Combine all garlic pesto ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Season with salt.
Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Preheat your cooker to 400° F.
Cut the spaghetti squash horizontally into 1 “-2” rings.
Run a paring knife around the inside of each ring to remove the seeds.
Place in ziplock with Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade (1-2 hours).
Season with salt. Place directly on the grates of the cooker.
After 20 minutes, flip the squash. Cook 20 minutes more, or until tender.
Remove from cooker. Rest 10 minutes.
Remove the skins and use a fork (or your hands) to separate the strands of the flesh into long “noodles.”
Toss the spaghetti squash in the smoked garlic pesto. Season with salt and pepper.