- Pecans (or peanuts, cashews, hazelnuts – pick your fav. blend.)
- Favorite seasoning ( I use a cherry chipotle rub, mixed with Plowboys or Meat Church)
- Wildflower Honey
- Apple Juice
- Soy Sauce or Teriyaki sauce
- NOTE: NUTS MUST BE RAW/UNROASTED
- Mix ½ cup honey, 2TBS Apple Juice, 1 TBS Soy sauce
- Coat 1lb of your chosen nuts in mixture (just til thinly coated).
- Sprinkle with rub, and mix until evenly coated.
- Place on wire rack over (coated in pan spray)
- Cook in 275 cooker, until nuts have darkened slightly, and are no longer wet to touch.
- Take off of rack, and rest on waxed paper until ready to package or serve.
This recipe was provided to us by Andy Groneman of Smoke On Wheels Championship BBQ