- Bacon (cider-cured is a great choice)
- Dark Brown Sugar
- Plowboys Yardbird rub
- Cayenne / Chipotle Powder (if you want a little zing)
- NOTE: Andy prefers normal/thin sliced bacon for this to create the best texture.
- Mix 1 tsp each of the cayenne and chipotle powders together.
- Spread bacon onto waxed paper, and sprinkle the plowboys rub with pepper mixture.
- Coat liberally with brown sugar, pressing into slices evenly as you go.
- Flip bacon and repeat.
- Place on wire rack (coated in pan spray)
- You can also place a pan under it to catch grease if your cooker does not drain it well.
- Cook in 325º cooker, until bacon is cooked and brown sugar is caramelizing nicely. (20-30 min)
- Take off of rack, and rest on waxed paper until ready to package or serve.
This recipe was provided to us by Andy Groneman of Smoke On Wheels Championship BBQ