Angel Hair Pasta with Grilled Vegetables
The whole point of having a garden full of growing vegetables is harvesting them to enhance your everyday dishes to make them remarkable. Early summer is a time when the garden begins yielding some wonderful vegetables. So we went to our good friends at Weber Grills, who came up with a great idea for using the grill and some of their special grilling accessories to enhance one of the country’s favorite pasta dishes: angel hair pasta.
There’s no heavy cream sauce or sugar-laden marinara going on this fresh-prepared pasta. This dish is all about light tastes with easy-made grilled garden vegetables. It can be ready in less than 45 minutes and will serve the whole family with a little left over for a mid-day snack after refrigeration. Let’s get started on the ingredients and preparation.
- Kosher salt
- 1 zucchini, about 5 ounces, cut into ½-inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper, about 5 ounces, cut into ½-inch dice
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, about 6 ounces, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, about 1 pound total, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 2 cups corn kernels (from 2 ears fresh corn)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces dried angel hair pasta
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup packed roughly chopped fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper
Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat (450° to 550°F) and preheat a Weber Gourmet BBQ System Wok.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat on your kitchen stove for the pasta. Follow the directions on the pasta package for best results, put the pasta in the boiling water and head out to your grill area.
For the cooking instructions, jump over to weber.com to find out how to finish this wonderful, fresh summer dish! Happy grilling!